My Pros/Cons list of returning to Korea or staying in Austin, TX.
1) Loved it (culture, food, people, etc.)
4) Fantastic Hiking, biking, and climbing
5) Clean air (unless you are in Seoul)
7) Fully matched retirement (even for US cit) ( I could
actually get retirement there, and not some joke
like $600/mo from Soc. Security in the US)
8) Jjimjilbang! (spas for $6/visit for hours and hours of
relaxation and hot water!
9) Food! (delish, health, affordable, organic)
10) Farmer's markets (you don't have to pay extra to
eat local or organic)
11) New sites to see in Korea (travel)
12) Proximity to other Asian countries (Japan, China, India, SE Asia, etc) and Oceania (NZ, Aus) travel!!
13) Can save lots of $$$ (rent paid for)
14) Acupuncture! $6 per visit!
1) Best friends and family are here
2) The chances of finding a life long companion are minimal (Foreigners want the pretty Korean girls, Koreans want the pretty Korean girls, major cultural differences unless you are an obsequious breeding type less than age 30)
3) Horrible cold winters
4) Harder to make good friends unless you like to get
drunk every weekend with all the other expats
5) Clothes and household items are very expensive
6) No Bikram (depends on city)
7) Probably have to travel alone
What to conclude from this list: if I don't get hired at Sudbury-- I will look for jobs in Korea!