Yesterday I completed most of my plans and goals. I've been watching my calorie intake and trying to reduce it. I had forgotten how wonderful it is to sit quietly and eat unrushed. It's remarkable to taste my food consciously. I also found I don't eat everything on my plate because I get full and stop. Such a marked difference from the shoveling down food while answering emails or reading.
I also completed my yoga practice and took a walk. I would love to spend more time outside, but the mosquitoes are so bad, it just becomes sufference instead of enjoyment.
I went through a pile of paperwork yesterday, and also got my bike moved into the garage and out of my room. Now, I just have to get the tire replaced and get my a$$ back on my bike. I'm a bit anxious about how my knee will respond, but will try it anyway.
Today I have acupuncture and will make a visit to family. All after another session of practice of yoga and Qi Gong, as well as a walk in the sunshine. I will clean the frig and continue re-organizing/re-decorating my room today.
Negative Habits I will change
- Reading/writing for longer than 30 mins. - weekdays (I'm still reading longer in the AM, but I'm on vaca, damnit.)
- Sitting instead of exercising (Doing yoga, Qi Gong, and Walking)
- Minimizing/ neglecting my yoga/prana/meditation practice (Praxis daily)
- Staying inside too much; not getting enough nature and sunshine (Still working on this one)
- Tuning out instead of seeking Joy (Still working on this one)
- Getting overwhelmed by letting tasks pile up (inbox, paperwork, school work, desk, chores, etc.) (Catching up day-by-day)
- Eating in a rush or while working/reading/emailing (Accomplishing!)
Click on "read More"
- Limit AM reading/writing to 30 minutes
- Re-dedicating 30 minutes in AM to exercise (walk, lift weights, Qi Gong, calisthenics)
- Walk somewhere, daily
- Eat warm/hot food and limit cold food to increase my Qi
- Drink fresh juice in AM
- Eat fruit or juice in PM
- Pick one task per day and tackle it (spring cleaning house, room organization, lesson planning, etc.)
- Start Bikram on Monday
- Go hiking every other day
- Read outside/eat outside
- Coffee shop/Film
- Eat warm meals, consciously
- Start Golden Shield practice - 3x per week
- Start Dao Qi Gong
- Play more chess
- Get my bike fixed
- Start riding and walking everywhere
- Take action to increase Qi by reducing stress, increasing exercise, clearing energy dissipating areas of home/school