Negative Habits I will change
- Reading/writing for longer than 30 mins. - weekdays
- Sitting instead of exercising
- Minimizing/ neglecting my yoga/prana/meditation practice
- Staying inside too much; not getting enough nature and sunshine
- Tuning out instead of seeking Joy
- Getting overwhelmed by letting tasks pile up (inbox, paperwork, school work, desk, chores, etc.)
- Eating in a rush or while working/reading/emailing
Click "Read More"
- Limit AM reading/writing to 30 minutes
- Re-dedicating 30 minutes in AM to exercise (walk, lift weights, Qi Gong, calisthenics)
- Walk somewhere, daily
- Eat warm/hot food and limit cold food to increase my Qi
- Drink fresh juice in AM
- Eat fruit or juice in PM
- Pick one task per day and tackle it (spring cleaning house, room organization, lesson planning, etc.)
- Start Bikram on Monday
- Go hiking every other day
- Read outside/eat outside
- Coffee shop/Film
- Eat warm meals, consciously
- Start Golden Shield practice - 3x per week
- Start Dao Qi Gong
- Play more chess
- Get my bike fixed
- Start riding and walking everywhere
- Take action to increase Qi by reducing stress, increasing exercise, clearing energy dissipating areas of home/school
My top priority is to reduce my stress and anxiety so that I can manage my energy better, decreasing energy dissipation and increasing Qi.
Day 1 - Friday, May 26- I eased into an awakened state, enjoyed coffee and fresh grapefruit juice, lifted weights, stretched into my much-missed yoga practice of asana, pranayama, and sitting in stillness. Ate all three meals without reading, rushing, iPad-ing, or gulpin my food down; I actually enjoyed eating for the first time in months, authentically tasting my food and noticing my level of satiety. The method of eating slowly and consciously has been a constant in my life for years, but somehow I got away from it due to shoveling down lunch every day in 15 minutes at school, then mimicking that crazed,dazed, hurried shoveling at home. Bad, bad habit of which I want to rid myself! Went to acupuncture, felt relief and relaxation. Returned, read, rested and napped. I spent the remainder of the day resting and reading and allowing all the exhaustion of the year to catch me up, grab me and grapple me down sans resistance. Enjoying some KDrama and more reading and going to bed early.
Tomorrow I plan to implement my goal of reading for only 30 minutes then "getting going" with my day. This was a habit of old to start my day, but somehow has morphed into sitting for an hour while reading and drinking tea each morning, instead of exercising. I want my previous morning habit back, which includes of a short reading period, 30 mins. of exercise, and enjoying a seated, unhurried breakfast. This year, breakfast has turned to downing a smoothie in the truck or gulping untasted food while working. Bad, bad habit of which I want to rid myself!