I've found myself tending to eat too much the past few days since I broke my fast. It has not gone as planned! But I was reminded this morning to be gentle and kind to myself! This is a learning process and somewhat of a physical experiment.
- After ending an IF, you tend to eat a little more than normal while re-feeding, but that tapers off within a few days
- Your stomach is slightly shrunken, so you eat less.
- You crave certain foods or desire to eat a lot more, but that diminishes as well.
- Being more fat-adapted (easier to switch to fat-burning mode from glucose-burning mode), you will switch back to ketosis faster when starting another fast, or remain in ketosis
- Sugar-and carb-cravings diminish