Day 2 - Started the day reading and writing, and continuing my plan for a Rejuvenation Break. As I reminder, I am reposting my Plan and the list of Negative Habits I wish to change.
Went for a nice walk and will do some organization tasks today around the house and in my room.
I am clearing out the disorganization that has begun and which causes a mental and emotional dissipation of my energy. What I've learned this school year is that it is very, very difficult for me to work in a cluttered environment. It saps my energy and makes me dislike the physical environment in which I am in. Normally, my room is organized and clean, with neat stacks on my desk, and no clutter. Yes, I still make my bed every day -- always have, always will. Yet, I've started allowing piles accumulate on my desk and bureau and in corners: books, paperwork, things-to-do. Getting all my little piles organized and cleared away will stop tapping into my much needed Qi reserves so that I can dedicate my energy to healing and living. I'm going to tackle one room item and one house item each day, starting off with getting my bike out of my room and stored properly, and cleaning the frig.
I am also planning out my Tao Qi Gong exercises and learning the routine.
I've had my fresh OJ today and plan to eat a big bowl of fruit for dinner. I am also doing nothing while eating, except eating and looking out the window. :-)
Click "Read More"
- Reading/writing for longer than 30 mins. - weekdays
- Sitting instead of exercising
- Minimizing/ neglecting my yoga/prana/meditation practice
- Staying inside too much; not getting enough nature and sunshine
- Tuning out instead of seeking Joy
- Getting overwhelmed by letting tasks pile up (inbox, paperwork, school work, desk, chores, etc.)
- Eating in a rush or while working/reading/emailing
- Limit AM reading/writing to 30 minutes
- Re-dedicating 30 minutes in AM to exercise (walk, lift weights, Qi Gong, calisthenics)
- Walk somewhere, daily
- Eat warm/hot food and limit cold food to increase my Qi
- Drink fresh juice in AM
- Eat fruit or juice in PM
- Pick one task per day and tackle it (spring cleaning house, room organization, lesson planning, etc.)
- Start Bikram on Monday
- Go hiking every other day
- Read outside/eat outside
- Coffee shop/Film
- Eat warm meals, consciously
- Start Golden Shield practice - 3x per week
- Start Dao Qi Gong
- Play more chess
- Get my bike fixed
- Start riding and walking everywhere
- Take action to increase Qi by reducing stress, increasing exercise, clearing energy dissipating areas of home/school