All I need is a motorcycle, a backpack, and some camping equipment. I need to hit the road, as P. reminded me last night... I'm drawn more and more to buy a bike, (whether I can afford it or not!), so I can quell the need for adventure and staunch this ennui that has settled into my pores.
Consequently, later today, I'll do continue the online research and bike shopping. I'm considering a break from the norm by purchasing a larger bike. My fav bike is the Honda Rebel 250cc, and I've owned three of them. Same style but more ccs is the Honda Shadow, but 750cc is too much power that I do not need, not to mention a heavier bike and a few inches too high for my short legs. I've never burned my legs on the pipes of my Rebels. I've found a few older model Shadows with 600ccs which seems about right. They sit only one inch higher and...
Click "Read More" to the right...
My friend inspired me by inviting me on a camping trip next month; we've both been working too much or been out of balance and not hiking or getting enough nature. Going to fix that!
I'm about to head out for a run/walk...or walk/run, depending on how it goes... then get my big ocean wave picture hung, go to acupuncture, and then tackle some paperwork and phone calls.
My top priority is to reduce my stress and anxiety so that I can manage my energy better, decreasing energy dissipation and increasing Qi.
I'm studying Scholar Warrior by Deng Ming-Dao, and practicing the Tao Qi Gong routine every other day, practicing yoga routine daily, and alternating weights and Qi Gong with a walk/run. I'm feeling better on all levels. I still need to get outside more, but am honoring my desire to rest whenever I feel like it. The acupuncture treatments at Acupuncture Together help tremendously in that area, as I get to recline for an hour and let my body heal itself, and then allow the tiredness that follows the treatment with a nap or a lie-down.
Negative Habits I will change
- Reading/writing for longer than 30 mins. - weekdays
- Sitting instead of exercising
- Minimizing/ neglecting my yoga/prana/meditation practice
- Staying inside too much; not getting enough nature and sunshine Still working on this one
- Tuning out instead of seeking Joy
- Getting overwhelmed by letting tasks pile up (inbox, paperwork, school work, desk, chores, etc.) Slowly getting this stuff done!
- Eating in a rush or while working/reading/emailing
- Limit AM reading/writing to 30 minutes
- Re-dedicating 30 minutes in AM to exercise (walk, lift weights, Qi Gong, calisthenics) Doing it!
- Walk somewhere, daily
- Eat warm/hot food and limit cold food to increase my Qi Eating much less cold food
- Drink fresh juice in AM
- Eat fruit or juice in PM
- Pick one task per day and tackle it (spring cleaning house, room organization, lesson planning, etc.)
- Start Bikram on Monday I will start the hour-long class on Thursday
- Go hiking every other day Have not started this yet, ack!
- Read outside/eat outside Forget it, the mosquitoes are too irksome
- Coffee shop/Film
- Eat warm meals, consciously Doing better at this
- Start Golden Shield practice - 3x per week
- Start Dao Qi Gong Yes!
- Play more chess
- Get my bike fixed Still need to get a new tire
- Start riding and walking everywhere
- Take action to increase Qi by reducing stress, increasing exercise, clearing energy dissipating areas of home/school Working!