I'll attach a few photos and you'll see why.
Some of the details of the contract are:
- Working hours 12-8pm, Mon- Fri for the first three months (training, probation period), then 1-8pm Mon-Fri thereafter. So I have a 35-40 hour work week, teaching 6 classes per day.
- Salary is 2,100,000 Korean Won per month
- One month's salary as severance pay at the end of my contract term of one year
- Round trip airfare
- Fully furnished apartment with a washer/dryer paid for ( I pay utilities, phone, and wi-fi)
- 8 days of paid vacation, in addition to the 12-14 Korean National Holidays (Red Days)
- 50% National Health Insurance System paid for
- 50% National pension paid for ( I receive the entire amount back at the end of the contract term)
At some point in the future, I'll post my contract so you can view a typical hakwon Employment Contract.
That's all for now... hoping to get some videos up soon!
"Everything happens in the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. I don't have to like it, but it's easier if I do!"